It is beautiful today! I said to Dan while working in the garden, "It's a summer's day in the Rockies!" and he came back with, "You can go to the Rockies if you like; I'm in Jerusalem!"
And the children did a lot of weeding by hand, especially in the onion and corn rows:
The beans will soon be here!
The watermelons have flowers already!
A friend gave me about fifteen tomato plants. These are two of the Roma variety.
Another friend gave me about fifty strawberry plants from her garden. They are looking very nice!
Even our little blueberry plants are bursting with fruit this year. Everything seems to be glad to be alive!
And the orchard trees are no exception. The sour cherries will need picked this week. I better find my cherry pitter!
I'm bursting with thankfulness for all the bounty we have around us, for the blessing and privilege to live on this beautiful farm in this beautiful area, for God's presence and peace in our family, and for these highly entertaining children.
Yesterday Dan found this with a "free--take me" sign on it. It has no canister, but we already have three. We're going to give it a whirl this summer.
And I must include a picture of Nici's (my ten-year-old daughter's) homemade bread. She is awesome!
I am going to stop here for today. Still learning the blog ropes. I am going to go research how to spruce this page up a bit now... :D











Love all the pics!! :)
ReplyDelete