Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wandering Archer


Sometimes I used to wonder at the prospect of more children with the way things are going in the world right now. One day I was sitting and reflecting, wondering if I am crazy to want many more children during such increasing darkness.  I mean, didn't Jesus say, "What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers"? 

Then why do I want more children so deeply, so surely?   Is it just me?  But I really sense the desire for more children doesn't originate from just me.

Then it occurred to me that it is not crazy for a warrior to desire and to request more arrows during a time of war. This is exactly how I feel about children. The psalmist said, "Sons who are born to a young man are like arrows in the hand of a warrior; blessed is the man whose quiver is full."  But these children aren't MY arrows; they belong to God. I am just the bow.  Yes, this is a great honor and delight!

(Part of my name actually comes from an old Germanic word for yew, from which bows were made.)


(for credit info on the above picture click here)

2 comments:

  1. You are right, it is a great honor to raise arrows for God! It is a privilege that I delight in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look at my children as how my dh and I are building Elohim's kingdom..

    ReplyDelete